Leo’s recent Oscars win (YAAAAY!) for his performance in The Revenant had everyone on the internet abuzz with excitement. It seems his victory is not only his but ours as well, but more than the rest of the world rejoicing in this triumph, there is long-time bestie Kate Winslet’s precious reaction which was priceless.
This long-standing friendship between Kate and Leo began when the two met on the set of Titanic and hit it off with chemistry bestowed upon them by the gods. Almost 20 years later, Kate and Leo are flaunting an out-of-this-world friendship this awards season, taking the red carpet by storm. Kate’s reaction to Leo’s win was only the most natural way you could react to your best friend’s success. What makes a friendship last for almost two decades? We can get a few tips from this A-list friendship:
1. A sense of humor. In a 2013 interview with the Daily Express, Leo said that he and Kate had “a special magic” and that they “laughed at the same things.” That much is evident when they shared a laugh at this season’s SAG awards:
2. A great support system. Kate and Leo are totally supportive of each other throughout their careers. Not only did Kate shed tears when he won an Oscar, but Leo told ET that Kate is his “favorite actress in the industry” at the Golden Globes in January.
3. A LOT of hugs. At every awards show, it seems that Kate and Leo take every opportunity to sneak in a congratulatory hug.
4. Being honest about their feelings. Upon winning a Golden Globe in 2009 for her role in Revolutionary Road, Kate took the opportunity to say “Leo, I’m so happy I can stand here and tell you how much I love you and how much I’ve loved you for 13 years. I love you with all my heart, I really do.”
5. Agreeing to disagree. Kate has been married three times, while Leo lives a bachelor’s life. Who wouldn’t, if you had his charisma? What’s even better was that he walked her down the aisle and gave her away on her wedding to husband Ned RocknRoll in December 2012. Leo told the Daily Express in 2013 that he admires Kate for being able to go about her personal life and being a “great believer in marriage” when he thinks it is almost impossible in the industry.
All that being said, Kate and Leo have an enviable but attainable relationship. Us mere humans have a lot to pick up from this friendship, and our hearts will definitely go on for a friendship like this one.