Cloe Woods, of Kenner, Louisiana, is being heralded as a heroine after saving the life of her blind grandmother.

Woods, a pupil at Our Lady of Perpetual Help, saved her grandmother early Wednesday morning from a fire that started from a stove, according to WWLTV. The fire, which triggered the fire alarm, prompted Woods to rush to her grandmother, who was in the bedroom at the time.

She then led her blind grandmother to safety by telling her to hold Woods’ shoulder as they exited their house. Outside, Cloe made sure that her grandmother and dog were safe. She then went to her neighbors asking for water to help kill the fire.

Shone Arcenaux, Cloe’s mom, learned about the incident when she arrived in their neighborhood after dropping off her other children to school.

“She was running and telling the neighbors to call 911, and I said what’s going on. She said the house is on fire, so I jump out of the car and said what?,” Arceneaux said.

But how did Cloe Woods, a 5-year-old girl who is in Pre-K, know what to do in an emergency situation?

October, last year, Cloe and her class had the wonderful opportunity of taking a trip to the Kenner Fire Department to learn about basic fire safety.

“They talked to the kids saying if there was a fire you need to get out of the house,” said Brittany Gaillot, Cloe Woods’ teacher.

Unfortunately, the fire made Woods’ home uninhabitable, but a GoFundMe page has been set up to help them with their expenses. Check it out here.